The Sisters of Mercy provided second level education in Templemore from the time they arrived there in 1863. In 1955 the Convent School became a Voluntary Secondary School, catering for three hundred girls, including eighty boarders. Then in 1932 The Christian Brothers School opened and provided secondary education for boys from a wide catchment area. In 1985, the two schools amalgamated to form Our Lady’s Secondary Secondary School, combining the philosophies of Catherine Mc Auley and Br. Edumund Rice; this was a natural progression as a spirit of co-operation existed between the two communities since the 1930s.
In 2003 when St. Sheelan’s College ceased to provide secondary in the town, Our Lady’s became the only secondary school in Templemore. With an enrolment of 600 students today we are conscious of the great responsibility placed on us and we strive to do our best for each individual student education.
2007 brought another new beginning for Our Lady’s as the school transferred to CEIST (Catholic Education an Irish Schools Trust)